All Reviewed Products Contain Paid Links To Amazon.com
Looking For The Best Rain Suits For Motorcycles?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick – Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit.
#1 Best Rain Suits For Motorcycles
Getting caught in a rainstorm on your motorcycle is never a fun experience. Rather than taking a chance with inclement weather, it’s a good idea to invest in a good rain suit that you can store in your bike for a rainy day (please tell me that you appreciate that pun).
A good rain suit will protect you from the rain and wind, and should include plenty of reflective detailing to increase your visibility in darker riding conditions.
What to look for in a rain suit for motorcycles
There are plenty of rain suits to choose from online, and unfortunately there are quite a few lemons out there. You don’t just want another layer to throw on top of your clothes and get soaked—you need a suit that’s 100% waterproof and wind-proof. To help you find the best suit, here are a few tips on what to look for:
- Waterproofing – look for rain suits that are made with high-quality polyester and coated with PVC backing. Also, check the seams to make sure they’re tight enough to keep the water from seeping through the cracks in the suit. It’s best if you can find a suit that’s double-seamed and heat-sealed.
- Elastic and Velcro – these sound like cheap materials on their own, but they’re life-savers on a rainy day. A suit with elastic on the waistband, cuffs, and pant legs form a tight layer to keep moisture out, and Velcro straps help to keep the suit snug on your body.
- Heavy duty zipper – a rain suit with quality polyester fabric can be ruined by a shoddy zipper. Make sure the zipper on your suit is thick enough to keep the rain out.
- Reflective detailing – it gets dark outside during a storm, so it helps to add as much reflective detailing as possible when you suit up during a rainstorm. A good rain suit should have reflective stripes on the back and sides to draw attention from surrounding motorists (kudos if the suit is a bright, eye-catching color, too).
The two-piece Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit is a 100% waterproof suit that’ll keep you dry and comfortable on even the rainiest days. It’s made with a soft polyester outer shell with PVC backing, with reflective striping on the jacket and pants for better visibility at night. The jacket has a full-length zipper with a Velcro storm flap, and a soft corduroy inner collar with a hood.
On the jacket there are two large outer pockets to keep your accessories safe, cooling vents under both arms for optimal air circulation, an elasticized waistband, and adjustable cuffs with Velcro tabs. On the pants you’ll enjoy an elasticized waistband, elasticized cuffs, oversized zipper gussets, and elasticized boot stirrups. The company backs the rain suit with a two-year “no hassle” warranty, too, so you can trust that the company stands behind their product.
- 100% waterproof two-piece suit
- Soft polyester outer shell with PVC backing
- Reflective striping on the jacket and pants
- Jacket has a full-length zipper with a Velcro storm flap & a soft corduroy inner collar with a hood
- Jacket also features two large outer pockets, cooling vents under the arms, an elasticized waist, and adjustable cuffs with Velcro tabs
- Pants feature an elasticized waist band, cuffs, boot stirrups, and oversized zipper gussets
The Viking Cycle Motorcycle Rain Gear two-piece suit delivers top-notch protection from the elements without restricting your comfort and freedom of movement. The jacket is constructed with a soft polyester outer shell with PVC backing, and features a full-length zipper with a Velcro storm flap, two large outer pockets, cooling vents under the arms, and a soft corduroy inner collar with a hood.
The pants feature an elasticized waist band and foot cuffs, heat shields built into the calves, Velcro tabs on the ankles, and removable elasticized boot stirrups. The color pattern for the jacket and pants is bright and lined with reflective piping for maximum visibility at night, too, so you’ll enjoy protection from the elements and other vehicles on the road.
- Reflective piping
- Velcro closer
- Elastic hem waist and cuffs
- Heat shields on the calves
- Zippered bottom
- Removable stirrups
If you’d prefer a one-piece rain suit, go with the BMW ProRain Riding Suit for maximum functionality (and style points). This suit is made with 100% nylon with a polyurethane coating, so it’s waterproof and wind-tight.
Simply put, it’s a professional-grade suit with an incredibly long list of professional features.
Some of the BMW ProRain Riding Suit’s key features include heat-resistant material on the legs, anti-slip materials throughout the pants, a long diagonal front zipper with labyrinth closure, zippers on the insides of both legs, a large breast pocket that’s accessible through an opening in the labyrinth system, an optimum collar edge to the helmet with an integrated balaclava, a Velcro fastener on the upper arm, and elastic sleeves and leg cuffs with Velcro fasteners.
The suit is also painted bright yellow with reflective piping on the back, chest, and sleeves for optimum visibility. It’s offered in 8 sizes ranging from extra-small to 4XL, so it’s a guaranteed fit for just about any body type.
- 100% nylon with waterproof polyurethane coating
- Heat-resistant material in the interior leg area
- Anti-slip material on the seat
- Long, diagonal front zipper with labyrinth closure
- Leg zippers on the inside of both legs
- Optimum collar edge to helmet with an integrated balaclava
- Large interior breast pocket that’s accessible via an opening in the labyrinth system
- Velcro fastener on the upper arm for easy adjustment
- Elastic sleeve and leg cuffs with elastic straps and Velcro fasteners
- Elastic waist strap at the rear
- Velcro fasteners on the front right and left
- Eye-catching color scheme with retro-reflective printing on the back, chest, and sleeves
The Peacoco Motorcycle Rain Suit is a great unisex suit for men and women. It’s made with polyester with a PVC coating for superior wind resistance, water resistance, and breathability. The jacket features fully-taped waterproof seams, elastic cuffs and waist, 2 front pockets, and mesh-lined vents for increased comfort and air circulation.
There’s also a hidden hat with a removable transparent cap and mask to protect your face. Of course, like all of the other rain suits that we’ve discussed this one also includes reflective striping details for better visibility at night.
- High-quality polyester with PVC coating
- Mesh-lined with air vents for optimum breathability
- Elastic cuffs and waistband
- Hidden hat with removable cap and mask
- Reflective striping
If you’re looking for the best value on the list, take a look at the Maiyu Motorcycle Rain Gear 2 Piece Rain Suit. But don’t be fooled by the price tag—this puppy is constructed with a durable 190T polyester with 0.18mm PVC backing and offers double-stitched seams that are fully heat-sealed, so it’s 110% waterproof. It can also take a beating in windstorms, with a WP index of up to 8,000 and a pullover hood with a drawstring.
The rain suit has a soft mesh lining with cooling vents under the arms for optimal breathability and comfort, reflective stripes for night riding, and an elastic waistband and armbands to seal out the water.
The company offers a one-year guarantee for the product, and while that’s a little shorter warranty coverage than some of the other options that we’ve talked about it still represents a good level of protection given this suit’s price point.
- Constructed with a 190T polyester outer shell with 0.18mm PVC backing
- WP index of up to 8,000
- Double-stitched seams are fully heat-sealed
- Pullover hood with drawstring
- Soft mesh lining with cooling vents under the arms
- Reflective stripes on the back
If you’re looking for the best bang-for-your-buck, go with the Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit. It’s highly rated, widely recommended, and comes at an attractive mid-point price. The company’s two-year warranty is also a good indicator of quality.
If you’d prefer a one-piece suit and you’ve got room in your budget to splurge on a professional-grade rain suit, I’d highly recommend the BMW ProRain Riding Suit.