Looking For The Best Hydration Pack For Dirt Biking?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick – Unigear Tactical Hydration Pack Backpack 900D with 2.5L Bladder.
#1 Best Hydration Pack For Dirt Biking
It’s tough to stay hydrated when you’re out riding your dirt bike all day. Stashing a water bottle in your backpack is never comfortable, and nobody likes that riding partner who needs to stop every 20 minutes for a drink. When you’re out on the trail, the best way to stay hydrated is with a hydration pack that lets you drink on the go.
What to look for in a hydration pack
As you’re searching around for the best hydration pack for dirt biking, here are a few tips on what to look for:
- Bladder size – the water container in the hydration pack is referred to as a bladder. The standard bladder size is 2-liters, so I wouldn’t recommend going with anything less than that. Larger bladders can be nice if you want to avoid refills, but they’re also heavier, so you’ll need to consider how much weight you’re comfortable carrying on your back.
- Bladder construction – unless you like the taste of plastic in your water, look for a bladder that’s BPA-free and is made with high-quality materials. It’s also good to get a bladder with an anti-microbial coating to prevent the formation of bacteria and algae in the water tank and the tube.
- Backpack size – some hydration packs are only large enough to fit the bladder along with a few of your personal possessions (keys, phone, etc.), while others are designed with more compartments and carrying space. Again, weight plays an important role here, as you don’t want a backpack that’s too heavy and uncomfortable.
The Unigear Tactical Hydration Pack is a rugged hydration solution that’ll serve you well in even the most demanding environments. The replaceable 2.5-liter BPA-free bladder has a wide mouth that makes it easy to clean and add ice cubes, and the protective layer keeps the water cool for longer.
It has a sleek, compact, and ultra-light design, with air mesh on the back and shoulder pads for better airflow, comfort, and thermal performance. The adjustable chest and waist strap has a tail holder for convenience on long journeys. Did I mention it’s durable, too? The pack is constructed with heavy-duty 900-denier polyester with PVC lining, so it’s super resistant to abrasions and tears.
- Heavy duty 900-denier polyester construction with PVC lining
- Replaceable 2.5-liter BPA-free wide-mouth bladder
- Air mesh back and should pads for increased airflow, comfort, and thermal performance
- Adjustable chest and waist strap with a tail holder
- Two front pockets to hold accessories
- MOLLE system for attaching other MOLLE gear
- Adjustable shoulder/chest straps will fit chest sizes from 27” to 50”.
The M.U.L.E. is CamelBak’s bestselling, longest-running hydration pack for two reasons—it has everything you need and nothing you don’t. The M.U.L.E. has a narrow-gauge design that keeps the pack light and maneuverable, with air channels to keep your back cool. The newest edition of the M.U.L.E. is built around the new 3-liter Crux reservoir that’s easier to load and refill and delivers more water with each sip.
It also comes with a magnetic tube strap that easily snaps into place, so you can hydrate without having to take your eyes off the trail, and a quick link system that lets you remove and refill the bladder without unthreading the tube from the pack. The pack has reflective accents for better visibility in low-light riding environments, and a stretch overflow storage compartment where you can stow a rain shell or extra layer for inclement weather.
- Narrow-gauge design keeps the pack light and maneuverable
- Air Director back panel to keep your back cool
- 3-Liter Crux water reservoir delivers 20% more water with each sip
- Universal helmet hooks
- Clever compartments for stashing keys, tools, and electronics
- Magnetic tube strap that easily snaps into place
- Stretch overflow storage compartment for a rain shell or extra layer
- Reflective accents for better visibility at night
- Quick link system to disconnect water reservoir without unthreading tube from pack
- Leak-proof on/off valves
- Anti-Microbial HydroGuard coating inhibits bacteria
- 100% free of BPA, BPS, and BPF
The Vibrelli Hydration Pack uses a High Flow Bite-Valve that increases water flow while eliminating leakage, so it’s a solid replacement pack if your current pack drips water on your shoulder or doesn’t deliver enough hydration. The 2-liter bladder is constructed with a tough and durable medical-grade PE film with anti-microbial technology, no BPA, and no PVC, so it’s 100% tasteless. The bladder, silicone mouthpiece, and inner sealing piece are all replaceable, too, so it’s easy to swap out parts when needed.
The pack is ultralight at just 14-ounces (when empty), but it’s also plenty durable with 420D Ripstop fabric that’s resistant to normal wear and tear. Like the other packs we’ve discussed it has a breathable back and shoulder pads, and ergonomic side stabilizers on the waist that hug your body to keep the pack centered and anchored to your core.
- High Flow Bite-Valve increases water flow while eliminating leakage
- 2-Liter hydration bladder made with medical-grade PE film (no BPA or PVC) and an anti-microbial treatment to prevent bacteria and algae growth
- Streamlined and ultralight at just 14-ounces
- Breathable back and shoulder straps
- 420D Ripstop Fabric is resistant to wear-and-tear
- External bungee straps for helmets and jackets
- Ergonomic side stabilizers on the waist strap
- Quick ‘click-and-go’ hose retainer makes it easy to drink on the go
The Freemove Hydration Pack is another great option for dirt bikers. It’s made with ripstop polyester, so it’s durable and water-resistant. There’s an air flow system on the backpiece to reduce sweating, and the adjustable straps do a great job of keeping the backpack firmly anchored to your body to eliminate bouncing and rubbing.
The 2-liter hydration bladder is made with thick, flexible TPU material, and the insulated sleeve should keep the water cool for up to 5 hours. The hydration bladder has a quick-release tube, a soft mouthpiece with a protective cap, a shutoff valve, and a large opening for easier cleaning.
- Water-resistant ripstop polyester
- Air Flow system on the back to reduce sweating
- Reflective detailing
- 2-Liter hydration bladder made with thick, flexible TPU material
- Quick release tube with soft mouthpiece and protective cap
- Large opening for easy cleaning
- Insulated sleeve keeps water cold for up to 5 hours
If you’re looking for the best value on the list, take a look at the Spider Pro Hydration Pack. In addition to using durable 600D polyester material, the backpack uses an innovative diamond design for better resistance against the elements. The 2-liter BPA-free water bladder is large enough to keep you hydrated all day, and the slim, lightweight design won’t wear you down like some larger packs.
- Durable and water resistant
- 2-Liter BPA-free water bladder
- Spacious storage compartments
- Snug fit with a slim profile
- Includes a matching microfiber towel
Based on the reviews, the CamelBak M.U.L.E. hits the sweet spot with size and storage, with users commenting that it’s large enough to carry plenty of water and snacks but not too bulky or heavy. The M.U.L.E. also carries significantly more water with a 3-liter capacity, so it’s a sure choice for my top pick. If you’re looking for a hydration pack that’s a bit more affordable, I’d go with the Unigear Tactical Hydration Pack.