All Reviewed Products Contain Paid Links To Amazon.com
Looking For The Best Dirt Bike Boots For Trail Riding?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick – Forma FOADVBN45 Adventure Off-Road Motorcycle Boots.
Anyone that’s done trail riding on a dirt bike knows that you need boots that are sturdy enough to offer protection and reinforcement, and comfortable enough to wear all day while you’re sweating under the summer sun. Cheap boots tend to offer one or the other, leaving you uncomfortable or prone to injury. A quality pair of dirt bike boots is worth the investment if you’re going to be spending a lot of time trail riding.
What to look for in dirt bike boots for trail riding
As you’re considering different dirt bike boots for trail riding, here are a few things to look for:
- Upper material – leather boots tend to be more comfortable and breath better, and they’ll last forever as long as you take good care of them. Leather also stands up to heat and wear better, so you’ll often see a leather pad on the upper-inside of synthetic boots. When it comes to synthetic materials, there are good and bad options. High quality synthetics can be light, airy, and durable. They don’t require as much maintenance as leather, and they’re often much more affordable.
- Sole material – for trail riding, you’ll want a durable rubber sole with a moderate grip.
- Protection – the primary purpose of dirt bike boots is to provide protection for your feet and legs. Look for boots with a sturdy toe box, hard shin shields, and proper padding around your ankles to prevent twists and sprains.
Forma FOADVBN45 Adventure Off-Road Motorcycle Boots
If you’re looking for the cream of the crop, these Forma boots are for you. They look incredible, they’re built to last forever, and they pack more premium features than that Range Rover you were just ogling on Instagram. They come in black, but I’m definitely partial to the brown pair.
- Full-grain oil treated leather upper
- Double-density compound rubber sole
- Plastic gear pad protection
- Injected molded plastic protections
- Adjustable Velcro closure
- Adjustable/replaceable GH plastic buckles
- Drytex lining (breathable and waterproof)
- Shin and ankle TPU molded plastic protections
- Ankle reinforcements
- PP Mid Dual Flex with anti-shock EVA midsole
- Extra soft polymer padding with memory foam
- Anti-bacterial replaceable foot-bed with APS (Air Pump System)
Gaerne G-Adventure Adult Off-Road Motorcycle Boots
Italian shoes have a premium reputation for a reason—they’re made by expert craftsmen, they use premium-quality leather, they’re built to last, and they always look classy. These Gaerne G-Adventure Adult Off-Road Motorcycle Boots are no exception. I wouldn’t exactly pair them with an Italian suit, but they’re a solid choice when you’re biking through the dirt, sand, and mud.
- Full-grain leather upper
- Lug sole
- Waterproof and breathable
- Three-buckle closure system
- Plastic reinforced shifter pads
- Leather gaiter
- Padded interior for a comfortable fit
Alpinestars Tech 3 Motocross Off-Road Boots 2018 Version Men’s
If you’re looking for a premium, high-tech pair of boots that are synthetic rather than leather, this is hands-down the best option. The Alpinestars Tech 3 Motocross Off-Road Boots are designed to be significantly more durable than leather boots without sacrificing the comfort that usually comes with leather. Even with their rugged look, these boots are surprisingly comfortable, and they provide killer support and protection.
- Lightweight microfiber upper for durability, flexibility, and abrasion protection
- Light microfiber rear and front bellow inserts for increased comfort and flexibility
- Synthetic-material toe box for abrasion resistance
- Extended PU synthetic gaiter to seal out dirt and water
- Contoured TPU calf-protector plate, heel counter, outer lateral ankle, and higher medial protector for impact support and resistance
- Rear TPR gaiter patch above the TPU calf-protector offers comfort and protection on rear flex
- Injected TPU shin plate connected to the medial protector panel, hook and loop grip upper closure, and TPR flap offer wide-ranging calf fit, support, and adjustment
- Bio-mechanical medial blade system provides front-rear flex, offering more support and protection for your ankles
- Ergonomic TPU triple-buckle straps offer smooth frontal flex from the medial protector to the lateral side without compromising your range of movement
- Innovative closure system with three polymer buckles, a micro-adjustable ratchet with memory, and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design will consistently deliver simple and precise closure (buckles are also replaceable)
- Innovative one-piece TPU injected dual compound foot shell that’s reinforced by a metal shank inside the boot with co-injected toe reinforcement
- Soft foam surrounding the collar and ankles delivers shock-absorbing performance and comfort
- Textile interior lining for increased comfort, breathability, and moisture accumulation protection
- Replaceable EVA foot-bed with textile lining on top for optimal arch support and a comfortable fit
AXO Drone Boots
These AXO Drone Boots don’t have some of the extra support and protective features that some of the premium boots offer, but they’re built with top-quality materials that are hand-selected for their strength, weight, and value. You’ll notice the optimized plastics are thick where reinforcement and support are important and tapered in non-critical areas to reduce unnecessary bulk. Simply put, these are a rock-solid pair of trail riding boots that won’t break the bank.
- Shin plate that wraps across the shin and instep to protect the front of your feet
- Instep panels that are long enough to fit a larger range of calf/leg sizes
- Tapered foam and vinyl gaiter wrapped around the top of the boot provides a dirt- and water-resistant barrier
- Four replaceable PU molded buckles that float on their bases and allow for unrestricted alignment
- Durable synthetic boot material that resists wear and tear, doesn’t require as much breaking-in, and retains its shape for longer
- Large, comfortable toe box with slip resistant shifter ridges
- Thick synthetic leather pads on the inner side of the boot to protect against heat and wear
- Steel shank for comfort and support
- Sole attached to the upper with a proprietary welted construction
- Stain-resistant mesh lining that’s combined with durable synthetics to deliver a non-slip interior
O’Neal Rider Boots
These boots are the best value on the list. O’Neal has been around for a long time, and there are a lot of professional athletes that trust their products to help them reach their peak performance. These rider boots are durable enough for trail riding, and comfortable enough to wear all day.
- Injection molded plastic plates for impact protection
- Metal shank inserts reinforce the shape of the boot and bolsters support
- Super simple Snap-Lock adjustable four-buckle closure system
- Goodyear welt soles that are durable and properly balanced with no unstable rocking
- Metal toe guard to protect the sole against delaminating
- Moderate grip sole
- Cushioned insole, generous heel support, and an air mesh interior for added comfort
- Synthetic leather heat shields to protect against heat damage
- Rear pull tab for more leverage
- Replacement straps and buckles
As you’re trying to decide which pair of boots is the best for you, the answer will probably come down to two factors—the material you like best, and your budget. If you’re looking for premium-quality leather boots, go with the Forma boots and brag to your friends that you’re wearing the Ferrari of riding boots. If you want leather but don’t like the price tag of the Forma boots, the Gaerne boots are a good leather-based option that’s priced a bit more reasonably.
If you’re okay with synthetic material, I wholeheartedly recommend the Alpinestars for comfort, durability, and protection. If you’re on a budget, go with the O’Neals. They’re the most affordable boots on the list, and they don’t compromise your comfort or protection.